In 2021 the total amount of rare earth mining, smelting and separation control indicators will increase by 20% compared with the previous year
Recently, the Ministry of Industry and Information Technology and the Ministry of Natural Resources released the total amount control index for rare earth mining, smelting and separation in 2021.
The total amount of rare earth mining index is 168,000 tons, an increase of 20% over last year
The total smelting and separation index is 162,000 tons, an increase of 20% over last year
Notice of the Ministry of Industry and Information Technology of the Ministry of Natural Resources on Issuing the Total Control Index for Rare Earth Mining, Smelting and Separation in 2021
(Ministry of Industry and Information Technology Lianyuan  No. 123)
Relevant provinces and autonomous regions in charge of industry and information technology, natural resources authorities, China Rare Rare Earth Co., Ltd., Minmetals Rare Earth Group Co., Ltd., China North Rare Earth (Group) High-Tech Co., Ltd., Xiamen Tungsten Co., Ltd., China Southern Rare Earth Group Co., Ltd., Guangdong Rare Earth Industry Group Co., Ltd.:
The 2021 total amount control target for rare earth mining, smelting and separation is now issued to you. The relevant matters are notified as follows:
1. Rare earths are products that the country implements total production control and management, and no unit or individual is allowed to produce beyond the target without targets. The total control indicators for rare earth mining and smelting separation in 2021 are 168,000 tons and 162,000 tons respectively (see Annex 1 for the group's decomposition status). The above indicators all include the first batch of indicators that have been issued.
2. After the indicators are issued, each rare earth group shall promptly consult with the industry and information technology and natural resources authorities of the provinces (autonomous regions) where the subsidiaries are located, complete the indicator decomposition and release as soon as possible within 10 working days, and report to the Ministry of Industry and Information Technology and the Ministry of Industry and Information Technology. The competent department of industry and informatization of the province (autonomous region) where it is located for the record.
3. The indicators should be centrally allocated to key backbone enterprises with advanced technology and equipment and high safety and environmental protection levels. Enterprises with one of the following conditions shall not allocate indicators:
(1) The mining enterprise does not have a mining license or a safe production license, a rare earth resource recycling project that exceeds the approved period or the relevant department explicitly requires the suspension of production for rectification;
(2) Rare earth smelting and separation enterprises use outdated production processes that have been listed in the prohibited or eliminated catalogue and smelting and separation production capacity is less than 2000 tons (REO)/year, or the relevant departments explicitly request to stop production for rectification;
(3) Those that fail to meet the environmental protection requirements such as the "Rare Earth Industry Pollutant Discharge Standard" and radioactive protection;
(4) Failure to comply with the management requirements of tailings ponds such as the "Regulations on the Safety Supervision and Management of Tailings Ponds";
(5) Long-term suspension of production and no production conditions.
4. All rare earth groups must strictly abide by relevant laws and regulations on ecological environment protection, resource development, safe production, etc., organize production according to indicators, and continuously improve the technological level and raw material conversion rate; it is strictly forbidden to carry out rare earth product processing (including commissioned processing) business. Procurement and processing of illegal rare earth mineral products are not allowed; comprehensive utilization enterprises shall not use rare earth mineral products (including enriched materials and imported mineral products) as raw materials for production; use overseas rare earth resources to strictly abide by relevant import and export management regulations.
5. Relevant provinces (autonomous regions) industry, information technology, and natural resources authorities should cooperate closely, further strengthen communication and coordination and information sharing, improve administrative capacity in accordance with the law, make full use of information technology such as rare earth product traceability systems, and dispatch inspections in the jurisdiction on a monthly basis Random spot checks are carried out from time to time for the implementation of the company's indicators, and the results of the spot checks are reported in a timely manner.
6. Each rare earth group must report the implementation of the indicators on time, accelerate the construction of the internal product traceability system of the enterprise, and shall not falsely report, conceal the report, or change the data at will.
7. The 6 rare earth groups are requested to report to the Ministry of Industry and Information Technology the production data of the previous month (including the data reporting of the traceability system) before the 10th of each month (holidays are postponed) in accordance with the requirements of the dispatch report (see Annex 2).
Contact person and phone number:
Department of Raw Material Industry, Ministry of Industry and Information Technology Han Baohong 010-68205577
Department of Mining Rights Management, Ministry of Natural Resources Zhu Yue 010-66558339
Attachment: 1. Total amount control index for rare earth mining, smelting and separation in 2021
2. Production scheduling report of 6 rare earth groups in 2021
Ministry of Industry and Information Technology Ministry of Natural Resources
August 24, 2021
|Serial number||Six rare earth groups||Rare earth oxide mineral products (unit: ton)|| |
Smelting and separating oxide
mineral products (unit: ton)
|Light Rare Earth(Rock type)||Heavy rare earth (ion type)|
|1||China Rare Earth Co., Ltd.||14500||2500||23879|
|China Iron and Steel Research Institute Technology Group Co., Ltd.||4300||1700|
|2||Minmetals Rare Earth Group Co., Ltd.||2010||5658|
|3||China North Rare Earth Group High-Tech Co., Ltd.||100350||89634|
|4||Xiamen Tungsten Industry Co., Ltd.||3440||3963|
|5||China Southern Rare Earth Group Co., Ltd.||67900||8500||48932|
|6||Guangdong Rare Earth Industry Group Co., Ltd.||2700||10604|
|China Nonferrous Metals Construction Co., Ltd.||3610|